March 3, 2012

Greek Hoplite, VII c. BC

Greek Hoplite, from Tartar Miniatures, 54mm, resin.
Sculpted by Dmitry Pozdnyakov
Painted with acrylic and oil paints. 

I have already had to paint this figure Greek Hoplite
Now I imagine a new version of the figure.
I hope you enjoy!

Греческий гоплит от  Tartar Miniatures, 54мм, смола.
Скульптор - Дмитрий Поздняков.
Фигурка расписана акриловыми и масляными красками.
Мне уже приходилось расписывать эту фигурку Greek Hoplite 
Теперь представляю новый вариант фигурки. 








12 comments:

  1. The figure is great, but the shield is even better! Is it painted or a decal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Добротно.Не хуже первого получился.Понравился:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback, friends!

    ColeF, emblem on the shield drawn by hand. This is not a decal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Крутой кекс получился! этот мне больше понравился ИМХО

    ReplyDelete
  5. Олег (Jst), Андрей (Krest63), спасибо за отзывы, други!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting, I really like your style of painting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sergei.
    I´m very impressed with your work with ancient hellenistic miniatures. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, comrades!

    Jos, Your opinion means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificient work..In fact, one of the best Greek miniature around. Only one yet with natural coloring, and not the circus kind. I will browse your work, and maybe critique you.But for now magnificent.

    I would, however make Pegasus even less visible and more faded, would loose the Greek key at the bottom of his clothes, that is too simple pottery style decoration for photorealism. Also, it is your choice, but if you already recognized armor was patinated bronze (basic patina film,not the one made by neglect) then you don't need exclusively yellowish shine. It is sometimes brown liverish, sometimes dark olive..Experiment a bit. ''Golden'' armor of Greeks is really a modern myth.

    Nevertheless great work,just keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the praise, thank you for your attention to my work and thanks for the helpful advice!

      Delete

"European infantryman, 14th century", 75mm, STL for printing

  I am sale of STL files for printing. "European infantryman, 14th century", 75mm Friends, I present to you the first figure of O...